Friday, August 21, 2009

Why won't my 1997 BMW 318i idle?

I have a 1997 BMW 318i. I was away and left it parked on my garage for over 2 months. Now it starts, but the engine won't idle. I have never really had any major problems with this car. My dad told me to check all the vacuum lines but I saw nothing wrong. While it was parked in the garage my brother would start it and move it out to access things in the garage every once in awhile. Any ideas? It is a 5 speed model.



Why won't my 1997 BMW 318i idle?network security



check the air filter gas filter inline undo the batt ground side and reset the computer wait a few min before putting the cable back on the batt post. other than that did your bro do anything to the car drive it while you were gone and put bad gas in it put a can of dry gas in the tank and see if maybe you have mositure in the tank that will dry it up some other than that get a good bmw shop and install the computer to get the codes from it to see what is wrong it could be no sig to the ingition etc. this is one of these what happen while i was gone problems there called ghosts dont know but they came and did something while i was gone now it wont run good luck



Why won't my 1997 BMW 318i idle?norton internet security



A plugged fuel filter is character of these symtems.
I would have a throttle body and Idle Air Control (IAC) cleaning done on it at a BG service center.



http://www.bgprod.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment