Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is it worth getting my BMW CD player fixed?

I recently bought a 2003 BMW 325ci. The car is lovely and drives like a dream, however my one complaint is the CD player (just a simple in-dash, single disc factory player) skips EVERY CD I've put into it, whether it be a real CD or a burned CD. I bought a cleaner kit, thinking it was dirty, but that hasn't done much to help. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be horribly expensive to fix or if it is worth just buying a new one? And are aftermarket units going to have a lot of compatibility problems, such as if I went and bought an Alpine or something at Best Buy?



Is it worth getting my BMW CD player fixed?internet security software



Well the only two helpful options I have for you are:



1. Buy a new BMW factory CD player off EBay Because if you buy it from BMW it will probably cost a fortune (about $500-$1000).



2. Buy the Alpine aftermarket CD player it probably will not brake like the The one you have in now (Just saying I don't like the way aftermarket stuff looks in Luxury cars)



Is it worth getting my BMW CD player fixed?moto guzzi



I recently bought a 1989 535i and it had a 6 disc CD player in the trunk. An amp was located there too. Neither worked nor did the radio/tape player. When I was done I had a Sony CD player and radio that accepted my ipod. I get way more music on my ipod than I could ever get on a few Cd's, and it sounds great. The power from the Sony is more than the old amp and they put in some crossovers on the speakers.



It is not over the top, OK, it is not even near the top, but I like the ipod hook up.
you can add a cd changer or ipod to your factory radio



http://www.oemautosound.com/c-144-bmw-pr...
Yes it is. Especially if you are a lover of music. What I would suggest is maybe even to go ahead and treat yourself to a whole new deck!
Most GOOD aftermarket cd players are better than factory anyway. I would chhange. You can get a wireing harness that plugs right into your factory plug. You just wire it to your new radio and plug it in.You may need a installation kit to fill in some empty spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment