Friday, August 21, 2009

What is the difference between a fuel injected bmw engine (FI) vs. a PFI?

I have a 2001 BMW 325i engine that blew out because the waterpump became faulty. I'm looking for new engines and mine is a 2.5L L6 PFI DOCH 24V type engine (M54, E46 chassis). What would happen if I bought an engine that is 2.5L L6 FI (not PFI) DOCH 24V?



What is a reliable place to get used BMW engines?



What is the difference between a fuel injected bmw engine (FI) vs. a PFI?noton



I tried to get info on this.pfi is Port Fuel Injection.I can only think that one system may be single port and the other is multi.It could be different cylinder head arrangement for the fuel ie flat top piston with a swirl chamber in the head or toroidal shaped pistons with flat cylinder head.I will watch for other answers.They are also known as direct injection/indirect injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment