Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What could cause my 2001 BMW 325i's horn to go off on his own while driving (I don't have

My bmw's horn sometimes go off on its own for a split second while driving. This is very embarassing because people may think I'm honking at them. To make the matter worst I came home last night and the horn went off and couldn't stop until I stopped the engine. Each time I would turn the key without starting it would go off again. Then I started the car and it stopped. Very annoying b/c a neighbor came to ask me to stop honking... Any idea what it could be?



What could cause my 2001 BMW 325i's horn to go off on his own while driving (I don't have an alarm system)?auto protect



Horn contacts behind the air bag sometimes go haywire. You should like the attention! or find a BMW club member that can tell you from there experience how to remove the air bag and fix the horn contacts. Or take it to the BMW dealer and find out BMW stands for Burn My Wallet. Just kidding! Biff and Muffy Wagon?



What could cause my 2001 BMW 325i's horn to go off on his own while driving (I don't have an alarm system)?downloads



That happened to me in my boyfriends car. Change or something fell down behind the steering column and was pressing against the element that makes the horn blare. It was very annoying. . . Not sure how to fix it though.
You have a short somewhere in the horn wiring and as it shorts out, it blows the horn,take it to a service dealer and let them find it......
It could be a short in the horn button. Why haven't you taken it to a mechanic? DUH!!!!!
i own a repair shop,and i have seen this happen before,it was a loose wire on the steering wheel that caused it to do that,and i pulled the wheel off and the wire was ready to fall off of it,it was touching the metal piece in there that makes it go to ground ,and this was setting it off,after repairing that it never did it any more ,,i also had one that the horn relay went bad on,and it would go off it you shut the door to hard,it was easy to find,good luck,maybe some of this will help you on yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment