Sunday, August 23, 2009

Left the sunroof open when it rained in my 2007 BMW 328i. Need help?

Yesterday night I left sunroof open on my BMW and it rained. I spent the whole day removing the water hoping it would dry out. Yesterday i was able to unlock/lock the car with the keyless keychain but i could not start it and thus could not close the sunroof. This morning I went back to the car in order to try and start it again and now the car will not unlock with the keyless keychain. I tried to manually unlock the door with the key in the drivers door. I was able to unlock it but now the alarm keeps going off. What do I need to do and I am hesitant to call BMW as they will charge me a fortune? Is this something that I can solve, another mechanic, or do I have to go to BMW?



Left the sunroof open when it rained in my 2007 BMW 328i. Need help?free spyware



For starters, make sure you close the sun roof before you leave your car. Sorry about that, I just could not help it.



I suggest that you cover the open sun roof with a plastic sheet and put an electric heater inside, at low heat, for at least 24 hours. This should dry it out.



Do not seal the plastic tight as it will trap and hold the moisture inside.



Good luck.



Left the sunroof open when it rained in my 2007 BMW 328i. Need help?live update



German engineering? My Jeep has been in the rain many times with no top and still runs fine. Sorry your car got wet. Disconnect battery to disable alarm, leave car doors open in the sun to dry inside if car is in secure location. Call BMW dealer and see if they have any ideas about fixing your car. Good luck.
You do not need to start the car to operate the windows/sunroof. As long as the key is in the "ON" position (where all the warning lights come on) is good enough.



You now have a serious problem because all your carpeting and upholstery may be soaking wet (depending how hard it rained). And you may have other associated electronic problems.



Don't take any chances with this kind of damage. Give yourself a good kick, and send it to the dealer.



If this damage is severe enough and isn't done right, your car may have similar damage as a "flood car", and you'll lose A LOT of money in resale.



Your alarm may be disarmed by putting the key in the ignition and turning it to the ON position.

No comments:

Post a Comment