Friday, August 21, 2009

Putting aftermarket/3rd party "In Dash" navigation into BMW?

I will be purchasing a certified pre-owned BMW Z4 within the next couple of months, my main parameters are model, interior/exterior color, and manual transmission. However, I want navigation as well, but don't want to not by a car because it lacks a luxury feature I want.



So my concern is, what types of "In Dash" navigations could I fit into the place of say, the BMW stereo in the center panel? I don't want to by a great looking navigation system to find out it wont fit in this model. Thanks in advance for the answers, and yes I've already Googled this all and came out more confused that when I started.



Putting aftermarket/3rd party "In Dash" navigation into BMW?virus removal



You can start your research at: http://www.crutchfield.com/



Go to: Shop %26gt; GPS %26 Car Accessories %26gt; GPS Navigation %26gt; In-Dash GPS Navigation



Click on "Please select your car" and enter the specifics of the car (year, make (BMW), model (Z4), current stereo setup, etc.), and it will automatically show only the models the fit!



They have quite an extensive data base for fit guides, including those for speaker sizes (depth, diameter, etc.).



Their prices are competitive and the services is excellent. They sometimes even have videos on the install, etc.



I took a quick look at the Z4 and it looks like you have a choice of ~3-4 units. Kenwood's GPS internals are actually made by TomTom, who is one of the best (along with Garmin).



Note: their fit guide is only for product they carry, however they have quite a wide selection these days.



Putting aftermarket/3rd party "In Dash" navigation into BMW?anti virus protection



Sorry, I mixed it up Kenwood and Eclipse... Kenwood has Garmin GPS (IMHO, even better), while Eclipse is the one that uses TomTom GPS components.



http://www8.garmin.com/pressro... Report It


Go to www.crutchfield.com



Type in your car and they will show you what fits.



The Z4 will need a flip screen GPS unit.
go to like a circuit city they tell u

No comments:

Post a Comment