Friday, August 21, 2009

What is this sound ( 92 BMW 525i)?

Hi guys, I got a problem on my BMW 92 525i (152,000 Miles) started a weird sound for past few days. Its kinda tik-tik-tik....... Sound which is very clear audible when idling, and goes on faster with RPM. I tried to hear where its coming from but could not find what is causing it, but its coming form some where at top of engine. Additionally, when I start my engine in morning (when engine is cold) then I don鈥檛 get this sound until I drive at least 5 miles(until engine get hot). Can any one of you guys suggest me where should I start looking and what are usual suspects in this kind of symptom?



Thanks a lot



Akhil



What is this sound ( 92 BMW 525i)?anti virus protection



This sound is either your valves or lifters. Try this for a fix: hold your accelerator down at between 6500 and 7000 RPMs for about 15 seconds...this will loosen and blow out any carbon deposits on your valves, allowing them to seat properly and stop the noise, otherwise your valves will eventually stretch and need replaced. If you still have noise after this....let me know and we will take the next step. : )



What is this sound ( 92 BMW 525i)?antivirus



sounds like the valve lifters loosing their prime, but I don't work on beamers, too much of a hassle
Go to your authorized BMW repairshop and ask the service advisor or the workshop manager and he will everything for you to fix it.
Sory, it could be a lot of things.



It could be the pistons, the valves, the lifters, and a lot more things.



The best way for you is to take it to the BMW authorized mechanics, let them expert figure out what it is, and fix it.
Its called low oil pressure to you rocker arms!
It may sound stupid, but I'm assuming you've checked the oil level?



If okay, it sounds like the valve lifters. It all depends on which model engine is fitted to your car.



I hate to say it, but try a BMW forum. You may have to register, but there are a lot of people who have probably had the same problem as you on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment