Sunday, August 23, 2009

Should I buy a BMW?

I recently found a BMW with 43,000 miles on it, in good condition and I was wondering if I should purchase it and what to expect from the car once it picks up some more mileage.



Should I buy a BMW?ariel



I love beamers, great cars, they last, of course knowing a good mechanic for any import also helps on our days; i never had many problems with my 83 320i but then again we do most of the work needed in our garage.



Should I buy a BMW?computers



1988????i wouldnt buy any car 20 yrs old. no abs, no airbags, no way. it must have been driven to church on sunday by a little old attorney.
Lets face it, the car is old and old cars are much closer to needig repairs -- very expensive repairs in the case of a BMW. Personally, I think the car is too old. Better to buy a newer 5 series.
yes i bought one had 36000 great car this is number 6 they are not cheap to work on
I would use CarFax to run a check on it - and if the results look OK, maybe $3000. Does it need tires? When were oxygen sensors last installed? Were the fluids changed? How about the brake pads? How about the brake rotors? It is a nice car with such low miles. The only major problem I can think of is the catalytic converter. At 43,000 miles the engine and trans should be OK for a long time.
Not a 7 series unless you are a good mechanic, plus the parts are hard to come by and expensive for the older ones. Never buy a euro car without service records.
get matience orders, also chk for damage, tires...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment