Sunday, August 23, 2009

I cant start my BMW GS100 (1988). Can anyone Help?

I'm doing up a BMW gs100 (E Reg - 1988) for a mate but I can't get it started! It has been sat for quite a long time out doors. I have put fresh fuel in, changed the spark plugs, and checked the float bowls. The carbs and jets appear clean! When i turn it over it kind of coughs... It just woun't run! It sounds like the starter is fine too!



Would be grateful of any suggestions!



I cant start my BMW GS100 (1988). Can anyone Help?ducati



The battery might be dead. You should try jumper cables. jump it from a car that is off, I've heard you might damage the selenoid if the car is running.



I cant start my BMW GS100 (1988). Can anyone Help?hp



~first thing to check is make sure bike has compression.



~you might also have clogged jets, but if carb is spotless like you said, they might be worn and will have to be replaced.



~if jets are o.k. check to see if float is responding correctly



~manifold gasket should be intact and sealed really well, to be sure, take off carb, replace or gunk up existing gasket. The gasket could have been damaged when taking off carb. Also make sure its lined up correctly... have had this problem many times on one of my 1986 xr's recently



~make sure idle is set right



~gasoline has to get to carb in order to run so make sure tube is not being pinched or clogged

No comments:

Post a Comment